TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

javascript drop down

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28262 Report
I have spent hours searching the internet hopelessy trying to find a tutorial that gave me and explained to me how to make those mouse over drop down menus like on the main teamphotoshop page. I have found some that give an exact code to paste in my html editor and others that just explain even though i dont know what they are talking about. Can anyone either give me the code which i can customize with my own graphics or refer me to a tutorial where i can find it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28264 Report
Did you search this site. Not being a smart ass, honestly. There is a section in the faq area of this forum as well as a step by step tutorial on the main site here...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28387 Report
alrigt ill check thanks but i dont have much luck with searching so any references would be appreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28388 Report
"There is a section in the faq area of this forum as well as a step by step tutorial on the main site here..."

Look in the FAQ of THIS forum. Or the front page of THIS site. There is no searching involved...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28395 Report
alright i have taken a look at the tutorial on this site for the menus. unfortunetly i cant understand hardly any of it except the setting of colors and so on but im sure i can get it to work. the problem is i have to use an image map because that is what my top bar will be made with. so i was wondering would it work if i named the button sections of my topbar and named the 4 other "layers" around them?
heres my topbar in case your a visual person like me:
http://www.angelfire.com/games3/military/portfolio.html
so after youve seen it, is it possible to reference my buttons and what would be the invisible gifs simply using coordinates on my top bar?
also here is the tutorial i studied:
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/web_design/articles/drop_down_menus.php
im only 13 so all this is pretty hard for me to learn but im trying so any and all help will be appreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2002#28397 Report
You don't have to use an image map on your navbar. You could cut up each of those buttons so that they are their own image. It would actually work better that way.

But if you want to do an image map, you just do the tutorial like normal and make sure you add the correct link to your image map. The link is what shows and hides the layers.

[CODE]
Just make sure that stuff goes on your image maps as the link. If you are using dreamweaver, just draw your image map, then in the "link" box, put that code in there. Kinda hard to explain I guess. Just keep reading that tutorial and you'll get it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28409 Report
well it sure does sound like dreamweaver makes things alot easier but i dont have it or the patience right now to learn another program while im trying to figure out photoshop so ill have to do it by copying pasting and changing the stuff myself.

about the image map how do i reference each section that is specify as a button or the clear parts to hide the menus cause each part of my image map dont have names just coords telling where the link is like so

This is what I will use for the drop down menus the top and both clear sides along with the buttons have their coords set and ready to go
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28413 Report
srry the code didnt show just go to my site and take a look at the source if you want to see the code for the image map
http://www.angelfire.com/games3/military/portfolio.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2002#28424 Report
http://www.dansteinman.com has an image map program that helps with coordinates and code. You might want to check it out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum