TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

ikonboard question

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 17th 2001#23695 Report
hey if anyone has ever used ikonboard can plaease help me out? there support forums wont let me post for some reason, and i trust the responses i get from this board...

whenever i try to run the install.cgi function i get this error message from my browser:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ikonboard/install.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.20 Server at ambitionofcreation.oddshaped.com Port 80

is this because of my server? like my host hasnt enabled me to use my cgi-bin or because im doing something wrong?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2001#23697 Report
you should be able to run it if you set the folder permission correctly. Try CHMODing it one more time and see if you get the same error.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2001#23699 Report
haha, i dont know what CHMODing it means, ive used dreamweaver as my ftp an this is my first time trying anything that has to do with cgi

sorry i didnt say that before
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2001#23701 Report
Ah well that would explain it. If you read how to install the program you realize that when uploading you have to set the permissions on the folders

I suggest getting WS FTP LE (free at www.download.com)
If you select a folder in this program and rightclick you can CHMOD it. ok ok so you don't know what its doing, that doesn't matter,. just do it.

Basically your making it so that specific folders and files become restricted. IE only you can see, access and edit some files, while some files you can make it so that anyone can access and read it, but perhaps not edit it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2001#23703 Report
If anyone else if confused of CHMOD this is how it works

(Using WS_FTP LE)
http://www.geocities.com/heaven_dpqueen/chmod.html
Each row is a #. So if you have to chmod 755 you do like theimage above.
This lets the owner do ANYTHING with the folder, file, but everyone else can only read and run it. they can't save anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2001#23805 Report
as DPQ said.. and also the files that saves the board's entrys.. CHMOD to 666 or 777
or does that board use a database?...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum