TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Setting index.php and linking to other .php files

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 14th 2001#20508 Report
ok so i gave up on spaceports and those other servers that provide php/mysql support. so i created a cjb account that redirects to my home server (ip address). since i have everything set up at home, it all works out fin, when im online(as localhost), the redirect site is: www.unsure.cjb.net

anywayz, when you go to that site, you'll see the nusphere installation confirmation thing (index.html in my /htdocs folder). well i dont want that as my default page but no matter what i do, nothing else works. i even removed that page from the directory (/htdocs) and put in an index.php file but than it doesnt work.

also. i tried to link to another page (C:\Program Files\nusphere\apache\htdocs\MyMail\admin\index.php) but it asks me to download the file. I want index.php as the default page it opens to!!. why is this happening? the file is there. what's wrong?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

P.s. i can't use localhost as a server cus thats only for my computer and testing, localhost is not an option. i am using my computer as a host so localhost only works for me. i had to use cjb.net to redirect (www.unsure.cjb.net) to my IP addres.

meaning, you all can only see my site when i am online and apache/mysql are running.

right now everything is running, so i dont know why it asks me to download index.php
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 14th 2001#20509 Report
i can't access ur server.. anyway
have u installed php on your server?
have u set php settings in the apache configs?

as for the reason y it asks you to download the file is because,
the apache server doesn't recognise it as a webpage but an unknown file.

here's a link for installing php
http://php.resourceindex.com/Documentation/Installation/
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 14th 2001#20535 Report
the reason the link didn't work was because i was offline. you can only view the site when i am online. i am online for a nother 12 or so hours.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum