TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

first attempt with mysql and its uploading

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 25th 2001#19158 Report
hi, i recently downloaded the newsletter script from www.codingclick.com and i was wondering how i can upload it to my hosts at www.spaceport.com

i created a mysql server (you have to sign up for that other than normal sign up) and i was wondering, do i upload database.sql into that server? and under "name of database" in the coding, do i put

database

since the file is called database.sql

this is all new to me because i have phpMyAdmin at home and its easy to create databases and i dont even know what extension they are saved as.

well thats all i can remember for now. thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2001#19270 Report
I suggest you install/upload phpMyAdmin onto your account with SpacePort. Then copy and past the contents of database.sql into phpMyAdmin which will create the tables. The name of the database can be whatever you create with phpMyAdmin, unless they already assign you one.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2001#19693 Report
except my databases have to be stored in a different server.

cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~remixx

and when i want to link to my database, it doesn't work
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 3rd 2001#19698 Report
see if I understand this correctly.

You want to take a .sql file, and populate your database with the file?

ok

first, you need a command line to the mysql server.

at the prompt type

mysqladmin -u(yourmysqlusername) -p(yourmysqlpassword) < databasedata.sql

that very last '<' mark is required.

this will populate your database with the data in the sql file. Contact your servers administrator for the username/password information

then, to include the information in your php scripts, you will need to do it in the packages config file. Should be explained in the readme. Just give the hostname of the server, your username for mysql and password for mysql ( these two will be the same as above ). Then when someone accesses one of your php scripts that makes a call to the database, it will ask the config file where the database is and do its stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 4th 2001#19744 Report
Are you sure cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~remixx is the correct server for mySQL on your host. It doesn't look right for some reason e.g. the cgi-bin and ~remixx.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum