TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

It's 9:00 and a website is due tomorrow!!

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17206 Report
HELP!! A site that I'm making for school is due tomorrow and i need help fast!

Ok, now down to business. I have THIS site that should work.

The popup window uses frames, and the frames page is the one it think is screwed up. so you'll have to type in index2.html in your browser after .../the_simpsons/ in order to look at the code. Something is wrong in there, and if not in there, somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Please, please, please, i beg of you, if you know about frames and know what's wrong, PLEASE help me!! ahhhhhhh
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17209 Report
Every <.frameset> tag needs a <./frameset> tag to go along with it. You have too many <.frameset> tags.

Delete the first <.frameset> altogether.

Now add a <./frameset> after your <.frame "header"> tag. And that should work. I think. I haven't used frames in like 3 years. But try it anyway.

Also, when you use Frameset tags, DON'T use body tags. You can't have both. Don't forget to put your <.noframes> tags in there as well.

I went ahead and made all the changes for you. Just go here and view the source, then copy paste back into your own file and it should all work properly. Good luck with your project.

http://www.openfridge.com/Wallus.htm
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17210 Report
i know the problem..

If you look at the page, just click on that link...
you'll see it clear as day.

crystal even.

you basically...have...NO CONTENT.
i clicked on the link...
a grey screen came up that said clicky clicky...
i click on that and a grey screen opens...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17219 Report
Well, what Deker said will help you get your frames going, but you have NOTHING on the site. I looked at your "characters" page, your "episodes" page, your favorite episode page, and all you have is "Content Goes Here"

I don't know if you are supposed to have a complete site tomorrow, but if you do, you'd better get your butt to work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2001#17607 Report
well thanks for the help guys, but my teacher extended the due date, because our server in the room messed up. But i have a new problem: my columns won't show up now. idunno, i cant see anything, can you? link ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2001#17656 Report
Try putting everything on one line within the body tags. Also, you might want to put the images in a table.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2001#17657 Report
well, here's what my teacher said to the class: "this is intro to computer science class, not a webdisign class. So, i decided to scrap that simpsons site, because i was just getting my hands very messy for the same grade i would get if i put a bunch of pictures from other sites on a page with some text. bah!

I can't wait untill 4th term, when i do have a webdesign class. :D

Thanks for all the help, everyone.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2001#17659 Report
:D may the force be with you :lol: I think I've been there before.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum