TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help placing rollover button script in webpage

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 20th 2008#179196 Report
Hi - I am brand new here

I created my first ever rollover button in Image Ready and saved it as an html document.

I would like to have this button show up in one of my website pages. I feel really clueless about how to go about this. :confused:

1 - where on the source page do I place the script? if it is at the bottom like some scripts, what sort of code do I write in the area of the source page that I want the button to be placed?

2 - which files do I upload to the host? do I upload the original two gif images (created in PS, then opened in IR in order to create the rollover) to my photohost and the html script to my webhost?

3 - do I need to change any of the code in the script that was autogenerated by image ready in order for any applicable links to be enabled?

thanks much for any help on this - would love to see this button show up on my webpage.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2008#179211 Report
photess said:Hi - I am brand new here

I created my first ever rollover button in Image Ready and saved it as an html document.

I would like to have this button show up in one of my website pages. I feel really clueless about how to go about this. :confused:

1 - where on the source page do I place the script? if it is at the bottom like some scripts, what sort of code do I write in the area of the source page that I want the button to be placed?

2 - which files do I upload to the host? do I upload the original two gif images (created in PS, then opened in IR in order to create the rollover) to my photohost and the html script to my webhost?

3 - do I need to change any of the code in the script that was autogenerated by image ready in order for any applicable links to be enabled?

thanks much for any help on this - would love to see this button show up on my webpage.

probably the most easiest thing to do is... buy one of the lastes XHTML books from your local big box bookstores

but for now, you place the script within SCRIPT tags within the HEAD tags

you place the two .gif files in a directory same as the .html/.htm document unless otherwise directed by the source of your IMG tag (./images/rollover.gif)

you need not upload the .psd to your webhost

and i really really suggest you read a book
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2008#179213 Report
thank you - I understand your reply - and I do have books -will delve further - thanks again
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum