TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Forms o.o

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 16th 2005#170387 Report
Can anyone spare some time to help me with understanding how to make forms? I've read countless tutorials, and I'm still drawing a blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated :/.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2005#170509 Report
Well, the wealth of information found through google is as good as anyone's efforts here.

Good google search

If you have a more specific question after learning the basics, ask here and I'm sure people will help you out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2005#170520 Report
Well, the tutorials and such tell me what's generally going on, and gives me codes and such, but, I don't know where any of it goes. I found one code with the basic form code, then it had php code, and I have no idea where the php code goes.

And if you don't mind me critiquing your forum just a bit...
Close to 12,000 members, and it takes close to a week for one of them to reply to a thread? C'mon now...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2005#170521 Report
The PHP code goes in the file where you are sending the results of the form too. Which could be the same file that the form is, or a different one. The form sends little bits of information to another file, like PHP or PERL or ASP, which processes the information and does something with it.

And yes, google searching will provide you with much more information than that. You probably didn't get a reply because your question was simple, and also extremely broad, making it pretty much impossible to answer. It's like asking "how do I make websites". Making web sites is much too broad of a subject to cover in a simple forum reply, just like answering a question like "how do i make forms" is. If you want help with a specific issue with forms, you will have much better results.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 23rd 2005#170533 Report
I hadn't actually asked a specific question, mainly because I was just looking for someone to show me how to make a form. For most things I just look at page source from different websites to see how to code certain things, but for forms I just needed someone to show me how to make them. Ya know? Give a man a fish...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum