TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

From txt file to site

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 21st 2005#169892 Report
I'm putting together a site for my english class and I need to be able to read in a text file from the local directory and display it in the news area. Basically I want something like what is on the main TeamPhotoshop page as well as so many other site out there. How do I go about doing this? I wasn't sure if I had to use a server side language or not, but I was hoping there exists a javascript or DHTML solution. Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2005#169897 Report
[php]
include('whatever.txt');
?>
[/php]

Something like that would work, I dont know about DHTML or Javascripting. I would recommend looking around on www.hotscripts.com or something along those lines if you really want to use javascript or DHTML. You should be able to find something that will work for you on there
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2005#169898 Report
hm... turns out when you use the PHP Tags it makes the forums expand like crazy :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2005#169997 Report
What if, in the txt file, i place more include() functions to include html tags that place the text in the txt file in a table with a specific width? would this work?

For example:

[PHP][/PHP]

Then in myTextFile.txt:

[PHP]
Some news here that I want to have
in a table
[/PHP]

Would that work? And how does the news system on the main Team Photoshop page work? Thats basically what I want to have, some way to post news events without the poster needing knowledge of code. Thats why my idea was to just upload a text file that the web page reads and makes a table with
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum