TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Vertical Alignment / TD sizing Issue in IE

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 5th 2005#167253 Report
View this page in both Firefox and IE:
http://mattstanzel.com/habsvinc/offices.asp

Firefox: The left column with the sub-navigation is correctly spaced and aligned

IE: The left column with the sub-navigation is aligned somewhere near the center. Unfortunately, in IE, I cannot tell if my column is not spacing correctly, or if the vertical alignment is off, or both.

Please view the code and give some serious advice, because I am on the brink of madness. The only way I can find to fix it is to add enough pixel-height to the row below the sub-navigation to expand it enough to fill it completely.

Thanks,
Matt
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2005#167292 Report
Slim,

First of all, everything looks good to me in IE and Firefox (latest versions). What I did notice is that the border under the footer does expand in length in IE as opposed to Firefox.

Concerning your question, I'm assuming your referring to your sub-nav which has a class-title of "txtnavitem" correct?

If for any reason it is pushing out further in IE it could be because IE adds more padding automatically over Firefox, which goes back to the box model structure. So your best bet would be to add a hack to that part of your CSS that is read by Firefox and the hack read by IE and reduce your left padding/margin.

So this would get rid of you having to add pixel-height, which is probably why it's expanding in length in IE. Of course Deker might be able to add more to this in case I'm off.

To add a hack just leave the CSS as is for Firefox, then add *html> to add a hack only IE reads. So it feeds this other info to IE and it feeds the right info to Firefox. Sound good? Let me know what happens.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2005#167498 Report
Got 'er fixed. I had the two navigation tables in separate rows, I moved them into the same row, and TA-DA!, it was fixed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2005#167502 Report
Congrats slim, there's nothing like finding a fix after slamming your head against the wall trying to figure it out. It's happened to me tons of times. But it's lookin' good man.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum