TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CSS Help...before I go nuts...

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 8th 2005#165508 Report
Hehe, I'm stuck. Perhaps blind due to "too long staring at code-syndrome". Whatever...I can't seem to fix this little problemo...

Ok, I'm redoing my site due to hacking experiances :mad: and the first try went down the toilet, so I'm starting fresh, but as I said I'm stuck...ok, before ranting on, I should give you a link: http://pman.urlq.org/testing/index.htm

Now, this isn't something to critizzzzize really, I just want to solve this IE vs. Mozilla thing I can't figure out. If you look at this in both browsers, you'll find that from the header (the #def blue area), in IE, the "titlesbars" are hanging down from it, sort of...But in Mozilla there's a gap. I don't want that. Can anyone help me ?

Problemos numero dos, is the fact that in Mozilla the li tags are hovarable, but in IE you have to target the actual link in order to hover the menu...I would like it the Mozilla way in IE aswell.

and the third dilemma isthe fact that in IE the three columns are aligned in height, but in Mozilla the middle one is slightly higher up. I want them aligned.

Would you guru's like to help me out here, I'm so frustrated, I can't seem to be able to look at the code and understand the most simple thing now...Been clicking to long on my keyboard, I guess...

Now I could make an image of the whole banner area, but I don't wanna do that, I wanna keep it low on images, and for that matter...IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX THIS, NO ?

So what do you say, oh mighty one's, can you help me see the light ?

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2005#165510 Report
Put this at the top of your CSS file:

* {margin: 0px; padding: 0px;}

It sets all margins and padding to 0 for all elements, which means the only margins and paddings are the ones you specify.

The problem is that different browsers have different default margins and padding for certain elements like H1s and Ps. So if you don't specify a value for those, it uses the default, which is different, and so your site looks different in different browsers. That little line of code is a good way to 0 everything out, and only have margins where you want them.

To fix the navbar, instead of me writing out a long description of what to do, I'd just generate the code with this, and be done with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 8th 2005#165513 Report
Hehe, yet again so simple. And I almost lost it while trying. Well, the margin thing I didn't know, but it was good to learn, and the menubit...Chezuz, sometime's one is stupid, eh ?
Well, I thought I might have been staring at it too long, and I'm almost certain that was the case...I knew this ;)

Anyway, you're a savior, Deke. Thanks a bunch, you saved me some "Ahgonnie"...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum