TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Compatibility Tips

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1092 Report
Okay got another question for you all. What is the best way of making a site compatible both on IE and Netscape on both a Mac and a PC??

I'm sure I can't accommodate everyone but I would like to accommodate most. Any tips/ suggestions??

Thanks For The Help!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1095 Report
The best way to make it compatible is to make it simple. No fancy javascript, php, etc.

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid

Didn't mean offence by that, it's just a saying.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 7th 2001#1102 Report
best rule of thumb is really just what mattboy said,
but since we all know that aint gonna happen ;)

This is what I was told by several webmasters over the past year.

I was told to try to only use java and other scripting that would work in version 3.x browsers and up and then you'll be (for the most part) compatible with everyone.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1259 Report
Not many people use Netscape anymore. A few years ago, it used to be the dominant browser, but Internet Explorer is taking over as the king. I have changed from Netscape to IE and I find it to be much better. Personally, when I design, I could care less if it works in Netscape or even browser versions 5.0 or less.

Just my opinion, I'm sure I'll get some feedback from a Netscrape user.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 12th 2001#1497 Report
I used to try and keep up with the differences now I just run the page through www.netmechanic.com and although not all conclusive it will normally give me a good start. Then I just go track down and verify incompatibilites testing in both browsers. I hope you were not looking for an easy way
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum