TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Learning PHP

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 23rd 2005#164963 Report
Hey,
well as of right now i know a decent amount of HTML but im interested in learning PHP, anyone have any suggestions of must-go-to sites or must read books for learning PHP easily.

thx
-blat
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2005#164984 Report
This is by far the best one I've read. It doesn't bore you with a lot of technical explanations of every little thing, instead you just starting creating useful apps right from the start, and learn as you do it, rather than have to learn a bunch of theory before you even get to do anything interesting.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2005#165831 Report
I learned right off of the PHP online manual. I just decided on something to do and looked up everything I needed to know along the way. I learned PHP as like my 6th programming language, though.

Good apps to screw around with to start: Form handling (GET/POST grabbing & manipulation); Cookies; MySQL Database connectivity/querying/result handling; String manipulation (str_replace, preg_match, etc)...

Another good idea is to look at some PHP page that does something, and try to figure out how they did it, and emulate it.

PHP Has functions for just about anything, so if there's something standard that you're doing, they probably have a built-in function for it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum