TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

PHP Shoutbox - help

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164739 Report
hey, for anyone that knows php and could give me a hand...

First of all i know absolutely no php :( but i do know html. I want to use the shoutbox code from Paavo's site http://www.astudios.org/2004/index.php?hau=shout_box but i have no idea what im doing lol

it would be awesome if someone could walk me through it and explain such things as chmod-ing a folder(??)

thx
-blat
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164740 Report
Copy and paste the code from his site (make sure you follow the note on the bottom of the page). Save it to a PHP file and upload that to your host. Then, in the directory where that PHP file resides, create a folder "shout" and put a text file "shouts.txt" in it. Then make a folder "smileys" and put the corresponding smileys in it. In your FTP program, there should be an option to CHMOD files and folders, check out the help files of the program. CHMOD it to 0777, or check Read, Write, Execute for Owner, Group and World (depending on how your FTP program works). Don't use Internet Explorer to FTP stuff.

After all that, just put an iframe in your main page and have it point to the PHP file.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164742 Report
[QUOTE=!mo0chan!]CHMOD it to 0777, or check Read, Write, Execute for Owner, Group and World (depending on how your FTP program works)[/QUOTE]

Also known as setting permissions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2005#164745 Report
awesome guys, ill give it a try

thx much
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum