TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

MoveableType installation!

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 15th 2004#163865 Report
yeah I created myself a database and I put its name there, I don't think there's a problem.

But where it says "DataSource" it's the place you have to put the directory of where your files will go if you're using the "Movable Type's Berkeley DB support"

When you use the Movable Type's Berkeley DB support, they tell you to replace the "./db" by the directory you chose. However, when you're using "Movable Type's MySQL or PostgreSQL database support" they tell you to fill out the last three lines in my previous quote, but they don't say anything about what to do with the "DataSource" line and when I try to load my script, it seems to try to use that datasource folder instead of the one I specified in my MySQL configuration

the instructions are there http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mtinstall.html#installation%20directories

Ha, I wouldn't think I'd have so many little buggers
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 15th 2004#163866 Report
Just comment out that datasource line then. Put a # in front of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2004#163923 Report
I am such a beginner, haha

Thank you so much for the tips, it worked. But I will probably have more problems, I'm just that bad.

anyway, thanks again for helpng me
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2004#163924 Report
No problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 17th 2004#163927 Report
ha, as I promised, I am unfortunately back with a little issue...

I think I'm almost done... I rebuilt the site and everything, but when I try to view my blog, it doesn't seem to work

this is the URL: http://www.slightlyoutoffocus.com/cgi-bin/blog/

[quote]Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email]iamstubborn@gmail.com[/email] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.[/quote]
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2004#163934 Report
you shouldn't be accessing the site through the cgi-bin. that's just where you put the perl scripts. the actual html files need to be in the domain.com/blog directory.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2004#163938 Report
ok, then I created another folder in my /html/ directory, along with my "static-files" folder. I set the permission to the blog folder to 777 and then created an "archives" folder inside the blog folder then I changed the local site path (/home/virtual/site230/fst/varwww/html/blog) and local archives path (/home/virtual/site230/fst/var/www/html/blog/archives)

Then I tried to rebuild my site and I got this error I was getting earlier

Writing to '/home/virtual/site230/fst/varwww/html/blog/index.html.new'
failed:
Opening local file
'/home/virtual/site230/fst/varwww/html/blog/index.html.new'
failed:
No such file or directory
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2004#163943 Report
I don't know man, it's hard for me to help on that kind of stuff when I'm not familiar with your server. You could ask on the Movable Type forums.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2004#163952 Report
It's up an running, it was only a / missing somewhere :rolleyes:

thanks again for the help, I won't have anymore questions about the configuration
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum