TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

css/coding direction needed...

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 16th 2004#162845 Report
ok, i've been doing lots of non-web stuff recently so i'm pretty rusty, and i now find myself doing a website i have the layout done and a basic table-based layout roughed out, no style sheets for the type or anything else yet:
http://www.notdecaf.com/exit26/

i know the basics of css positioning (but not well) and i can do a style sheet for the type without a prob, my main question here is how to recode the page NOT using any tables (as that's what all the cool kids are doing now). if anyone can give me some general direction/specific links/etc. i'd appreciate it, i've found lots of general css links but not any that really get into hardcore positioning. thanks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2004#162846 Report
The resources area of www.cssvault.com has a lot of stuff. I think there is a positioning section that should have some good articles. Also checkout the "tools" area for some pre-made template generators and stuff, to save you some time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2004#162847 Report
nm, think i may've fixed it...stay tuned :D

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2004#162864 Report
ok, its really close:
http://www.notdecaf.com/exit26/

but wtf is that space in the middle of the page and how do i get rid of it?

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2004#162867 Report
Looks really good, Chris. Although my method of CSS trouble shooting is "change something and see if it works", so I don't think I could give you any productive advice for that bizzare space in the middle, except for maybe try setting 0px margins for the bodyblock and/or left areas.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum