TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I need some major MT help (Mihai, Deker?)

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162134 Report
http://dreamsforsale.net

I have been trying for hours, but i can't get this looking decent. The main index looks ok, but if you click any of the entry titles, it takes you to a crappy looking archive page. I want it to take you to a date and entry title URL when you click on the entry title. This isn't happening.. it takes you to archives/index.html with a bunch of numbers attached to the end, such as #000010.

If anyone wants to take a serious look at this, i can give you access. I really, really could use the help...

Heck i'll pay someone $10 via paypal to go in there and make the archiving functional, with the ability to comment and see other comments.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162142 Report
I'd reinstall it with the latest version and the latest templates. Something is wrong with your installation. I worked with it a little more this morning and it's just not working right. Upgrading to the latest will give you access to the latest plugins and stuff too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162143 Report
Someone over at the MT support forums told me what was wrong, and all it came down to was one little setting in the config, LOL!

It's working much better now, but i still have some kinks to work out. I may end up reinstalling, it's not like i'm losing much.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162149 Report
If you upgrade to 3.0 as i did, you might run into a rebuilding error that is not officialy patched yet. The problem was that if you triggered an error in your template you wouldnt be able to rebuild the site. You had to actually open up your MT system file and change the system code. But another problem, the rebuild would seem to work but it really wasnt rebuilding the site. This time you had to change the system files to display an error which youd then have to debug and get your site to finally work.

IMO i wouold wait till MT 3.1 or something where this bug will be officially fixed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162152 Report
3.12 has been out for quite a while, atrox.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2004#162153 Report
sorry I didn't see this earlier...but you're so much better off with deker - I couldn't install mine without him - so - he's really the one you need.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum