TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CSS is freaking me out!

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 17th 2004#161456 Report
OK, I'm working on this site wich I'm making partly in tables partly in CSS.
I have come up with a real problem.

The Client want's the site not on left. So I thought, I could center it, but that would **** up the css. So I just a margin and just followed it up with the CSS.

So, now it looks ok in Internet Explorer and Opera, but hey, what do you know, it looks f**cked in Mozilla Firefox. So what to do?

Do I need to make the site completely in CSS to make it work? Or is it something in the middle of it all I can do?

www.ringstadonline.com/bramiljo

Just check out the source!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2004#161469 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2004#161478 Report
So I tested some of them out, it didn't work. It didn't get centered. WTF TO DO?!??
I have a deadline by tomorrow. I'll try some more when I get home though, just have to finish the schoolday :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2004#161480 Report
The problem is that your content and navbar are absolute positioned, while your table is centered. You need to make the nav and content not absolute positioned, and it will work fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2004#161481 Report
And absolute positioning means that those two areas are specified to be a certain distance from the left of the browser window, and a certain distance from the top, no matter the actual size of the window. Then you have the table, which is in the center of the window, no matter the size. So there is only one specific window size where the two will match up and it'll look ok.

My advice would be to either take out all the CSS except for the font sizes, and just do it all in the table, or to take out all of the table code and do it all with CSS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum