TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

semi-urgent, creating an email form also adds to mysql

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160841 Report
Hello, i am creating a web site for a friend and it needs to be done this weekend before the launch of the thing its for.

Im about to start the form which i require this of:

User puts in address/name etc etc

They choose from a drop down menu what course they want to apply for
(if it is possible, have it so that depending what page they come from, the drop down has the relevant course already selected? if this is possible?)

The information is then all emailed neatley to an email

the information is then stored into a mysql databse

Heres what i know so far:

I have mysql on the website (hosted by www.globat.com)

I can create databases and also add tables with mysqladmin that is on the website for me to use (but this is terrible, i cant make tables like this... i dont know what to put for what. i am trained in ms access i know how to make a database like that, but this method is just out of the question... any way to make it on the computer and upload it?)

if i cant do this into the database, just email is ok (for now)

i know that i dont know how to connect to my mysql databse using programs such as Mysql admin, mysql control pannel. This is because i simply dont know what to input for the paths etc etc. i have no clue where the databases are stored on the web server....

I am using dreamweaver mx 2004 and i have set up a test server etc and it finds the mysql databse just fine, but i dont have the adequate tables etc.

Does anyone know how i can acheive what i need here? It is pretty urgent i get this done very soon...

Any help would be so great!!!!
thanks a lot in advance

regards,
coogie
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160842 Report
forgot to mension

i have no clue where to start...
i mean everything from adding the fields and drop down boxes and how the submit button emails it
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160843 Report
Well, you've kind of gotten yourself into a bind here... Basically you are asking us to teach you how to program, setup databases, create html forms, etc. and you have two days to do it in. I'd start looking for a script at www.hotscripts.com or something because you aren't going to have time to learn everything you have to learn in that amount of time. Hot scripts has lots of email forms, some that store things in a database, etc.

With your deadline and knowledge, I'd say that is your only option. Just browse the email scripts section of the php section of hotscripts until you find something that will work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160845 Report
ok deker thanks a lot for the link.

Is it a different story with just making an email form? no databases at all? How would i acheive this do you think?

the database is somethign i will add later, after some self tutoring!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2004#160861 Report
There are scripts for that on hotscripts also. That part is pretty simple. Especially if you have PHP, because there is a function built-in to email forms.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum