TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with CSS Footer

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160444 Report
Well I need some help fellas...um, hmm, *ahem* Deker maybe? Someone, anyone with some CSS skills. Patteman, maybe you can help me.

Okay here's the spill. I have a site I'm putting together. And I've made the page height in 100% so it'll stretch all the way down. The problem, however, is that the footer part won't stick to the bottom, it sticks right under the main content.

You can see it better here: http://www.zerimarfx.com/home/

How do you get the footer to stay down against the edge of the monitor in any resolution?

It's still a rough site and I have a ways to go but for now, I'm just playing with it, so I'm not taking any crits just yet, I need help with the footer.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160445 Report
This is one of the great questions about CSS layouts... In short, it's near impossible to make this work with CSS.

This may be your best bet, but requires a bunch of javascript.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/footers/
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160446 Report
Deker thanks for the link, I don't know why I didnt' see it at ALA earlier today. I'm going to play with it a bit and then, if for some reason it doesn't work, I'll go to a regular layout ending with the footer and not the 100% height.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2004#160452 Report
Deker,

I have one more question here...

Never mind Deker, I found it. I validated it and noticed I was missing a div tag! AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160918 Report
Hey, zerimar...you've gotten an answer. I have made a so called "layout" for me and my buddies fishing site, hehe...just a proposal for the site's layout, so don't go judging it by how it looks...But, I've managed somehow to get it from top to bottom, thought I would post it here for you to look at, 'coz I don't have the time today (due to my workload) to go over your's...I will however downlaod it just in order to try and have a look someday, if I may do that ?

the so called "layout"
and the external css to go with it

Have a look and see if you can find anything

Patteman.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160920 Report
Hey PMan,

That's a nice layout you have going there. I'm actually going to stick with keeping the footer flexible under the main content area.

From the link Deker sent me to at ALA, it's a good read and informative, but I think it's a bit too much coding with the javascript to achieve a small goal in look.

I pretty much like where it's at right now, the footer's in place and it's pretty clean, hopefully as I continue adding and building the site, it'll look cleaner. Thanks for posting, I'll be sure to review it all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160922 Report
Yes, I couldn't really figure out why you wanted to change it. I like it the way it is, and personally I do want the container part to be more of an object on the site...if you know what I mean ;)... (hell, even I don't know what I mean.)

Well, anyhows, good luck with it, looking good.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2004#160923 Report
Hey PMan, you're absolutely right. The container should be more of an object on the site...I know what you mean. I'm going to keep at it, and good luck with your site as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 3rd 2004#161014 Report
The problem was 100% height. With a valid xhtml doctype, it won't work. It's a stupid bug I hope gets weeeded out with the next upgrade.

You can try setting everything to height: 100%;, it's not going to budge. I've had to rethink how I design websites, because now I can't count on having any bottom hangover to be easily taken up by 100% height.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum