TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

php: Direct page editing.

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13636 Report
Hello,

I am trying to find a way to edit my html (or php) pages diretly on my server, without the downloading-editing-uploading process.

It would function like editing a post in a forum, there would be an EDIT link, then a password protected identification, an finally a page with a TextBox load the file, i edit directly the html (or php) page i want to modify on that TextBox, and validate the changes.

I would appreciate any help on how i can realise that.

Thanks,

Eagle.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13639 Report
www.hotscripts.com

check in the php section under the "file management" section.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13642 Report
Actually, I think he wants a content management system.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13643 Report
I am trying to find a way to edit my html (or php) pages diretly on my server, without the downloading-editing-uploading process.

I am quite sure that a content management system is completly different than what he wants. Content management systems are scripts/programs like phpnuke ( www.phpnuke.com )

File management allows you to upload/download, delete, edit, move files through your web browser. An example of this would be phpMyExplorer ( http://elegac.free.fr/commun/index.php3?stats=true&langue=uk )
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13693 Report
Thanks for the link,

I think i found what i want (it even do more than i wanted), but i still need a bit of help..

http://nger.org/anyportal/features.html#edit

The download is a tar.gz file. i don't have physical/telnet access to my hosting for the moment(the friend who host me is absent, and the situation won't change in the coming months), so i can't do anything more than modify/upload.

Is it posible to find a script (php files) i can upload and use.. directly?

Eagle.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13704 Report
if you want to untar/gunzip that file, get a program called 'winrar'

www.winrar.com - it will untar and gunzip that file for you so you can upload the individual files.

Just do all the editing of the config files for the php program before you upload and use your FTP program to 'chmod' all the files if it is needed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13731 Report
Excelent, it's working now. Thanks

any idea on what this guy mean by "Hashed username/password".. even if it's useless now (since it works anyways), i'd like to know.

// GLOBAL PARAMETERS
// =================
// Make modifications here to suit siteman to your needs

// error_reporting(4) ; // how verbose ?

// username/password should not be system
// usernames/passwords !!

// your (hashed) username/password here
$gblPw = "hash_of_your_username_and_password" ;

$gblAuth = false ; // use builtin authentication
$gblHash = "md5" ; // hash function to use

Eagle.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13738 Report
It's rather vague, but I assume it's "usernamepassword". E-mail the author.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13787 Report
ashed username/password

As a matter of fact, yes I do.

"hashing" is basically a *nix term that means encrypted.

here is a definition for you so you understand.
A hash is simply a "summary", or "tag", which is generated from a digital document using a mathematical rule or algorithm. It is designed so that a small change in the document would produce a big change in the hash. Hashing algorithms are "one-way": you can create a hash from a document, but you cannot recreate the document from a hash. A hash is not an encryption of the document. Most importantly, it's very difficult to find two documents that have the same hash.

I would have to read the actual readme on what they really want there. If you want, zip the readme up and send it to [email]beergun@home.com[/email] . I will take a look at it and give you an answer by email.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum