TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

password-protected html?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158732 Report
and password-protected may not be the right word to use exactly, but here's the deal: i've got a client who's a musician and we currently have a page on the site where you can listen to mp3's, read the lyrics, etc. what we've talked about doing is creating a page where a person would have to enter their e-mail address (and be put on the mailing list) in order to access the music page.

a few questions/points to ponder/etc.:
- would this be difficult to do? and actually now that i've asked i think i've figured it out, just need to make the music page the target of the redirect on the form submittal on the e-mail submit.
- is this a good idea? will this drive people away, will they not mind..?
- is there a way to do it so they dont have to enter an address EVERY time, maybe with a cookie? (which i know nada about)

any thoughts/ideas/hints are appreciated

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158735 Report
I would just leave the site if I had to give out my email address to listen to a sample of the music. Or just use a fake address, which is going to be worthless to you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158736 Report
kinda what i was thinking dek, thanks. curious to hear other thoughts tho, if i can get some more feedback i'll definitely pass it along. plus it'll save me a bit of work ;)

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158739 Report
I think I would just let people access the music site with the option of signing up for the newsletter, mail thing. That way people would only do it if they really wanted to.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2004#158741 Report
Agreed. I think I'd only sign up if I already know the artist and like his music. I hate giving out my email adress everywhere without it being necessary...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2004#158790 Report
just make it how like some sites where to access downloads section you need to register/login
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2004#158800 Report
[QUOTE=funnehman]just make it how like some sites where to access downloads section you need to register/login[/QUOTE]

Have you not been reading what everyone else has said?

Anyways, I agree. I wouldn't want to give out my real email address. Encourage them to sample the music, and if they like it tell them to sign up for the newsletter so they can be informed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum