TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Xhtml 1.0

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2001#13547 Report
I was just wondering how many use XHTML instead of HTML? If you don't use XHTML, why? I'm trying to implement it, but it's just dang hard to go through everything of mine line by line.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2001#24309 Report
XHTML is the next generation of HTML! At XHTML School you will learn the difference between HTML and XHTML, and how to use XHTML in your future applications. You will also see how we converted this Web site into XHTML.

http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2001#24310 Report
XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language
XHTML is aimed to replace HTML
XHTML is almost identical to HTML 4.01
XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML
XHTML is HTML defined as an XML application
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2001#24318 Report
thank you for your response...now answer the question fartknocker.

I do not use XML/XHTML because I havent had time to learn it. I have had to put off continuing to learn php and some perl scripts I had as well as heavy development of the site deker and I have been kicking around for almost 6 months now because of employment issues.

I want to use XML. I think it would be a great thing to add to my resume, but I just dont have time to learn anything new at the moment. Lemme know how it goes for you so I can see what I have to look forward to :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 21st 2001#24351 Report
The Most Important Differences:
XHTML elements must be properly nested
XHTML documents must be well-formed
Tag names must be in lowercase
All XHTML elements must be closed

mmmm ... I'm using xhtml without know it .... it's a great link elestorm ... tnx for sharing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2001#24629 Report
I don't like XHTML too much. Specifically because it's reinventing the wheel.

Anyway, XHTML, as you probably know by now is HTML that has been redone to fit XML specification (i.e. everything in lowercase, certain tags that do not have a closing tag need to have a / at the end.) That's all fine.

But the big problem is it kills all deprecated tags like < FONT > and such, leaving CSS to do it. XHTML also strips out some CSS elements and JavaScript (some DTDs more than others).

Finally, you will NOT learn XML from XHTML. XHTML just teaches you cleaner coding techniques that XML uses, but teaches you nothing about actually creating a page. If you want XML, go straight to the source, not XHTML. :p

Anyway, I'd say stick with HTML 4.01. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum