TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Any suggestions for a "Newby" ?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13211 Report
Allo all. My question concerns learning Java ( and webpage building ). I am familiar with the fundamentals of webpage construction however I am looking to do more fancy-type stuff ( I have made up a seperate 'browser' and need it to open in a new window and have the selections appear in a box suituated in the middle of the graphic). What would be the best way to learn the language? Not that I really want to go this route, but is there any programs out there that aid in creating java?? RIght now it all seems Greek to me. I went down to the local library to seek out my answers but the books they have are incredibly out of date ( 1996 )., I aim to be a graphic designer and I would imagine that a good knowledge of java and HtMl would be needed.., Thanks for any tips/suggestions. - Trick 9
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13254 Report
There are tons of tutorials on the net to aid in learning what you need to know. I've been learning EVERTHING initially with online tutorials and THEN going to the bookstore to get a book or 2 only after I really know what it is I need to know.

check out:
http://wsabstract.com
http://dhtmlshock.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13269 Report
I hate how people get the two confused, but do you want to learn Java (a powerful programming language that is hard to learn and is used to make applets or mini programs) or learn JavaScript (a programming language used to enhance web pages e.g. menus, rollovers, text that moves, etc). So what'll it be?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13271 Report
Woah., easy there bud.., I already proclaimed my ignorance towards this subject., I suppose it would be "JAVASCRIPT" that I want then eh..,
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum