TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

xhtml help

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154903 Report
I just started reading the xhtml tutorial at w3schools.com and I think this is gonna be a pain :p

But just to clearify a few things... what does the !DOCTYPE do exactly and what really means "strict" "transitional" and "frameset"?

I'm so lost :confused:

I may need alot of help in the future, but I really want to learn all that stuff
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154909 Report
The doctype tells the browser how to process the page. most browsers have a "strict" and a "quirks" mode. If you're page uses hacks and old coding methods, you'd go with one that put the browser in quirks mode. If your site will validate, put it in strict mode.

Strict is the most strict form of validation. You have to watch every little bit of your code to make sure it's right.

Transitional is more flexible, allowing you to get away with using some old-style code.

Frameset is only for pages that contain frames.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154910 Report
You might also wanna read the tutorials at www.htmldog.com i find them to be really easy to read and understand.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2004#154915 Report
thx for the help deker, it makes more sense now. and thx for the link, I'll check it out

I can't wait to be an XHTML master, lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154938 Report
I recommend buying Zeldman's book, Designing with Web Standards. He really explains things in a real-world way that is very helpful. It's not really for technical xhtml/css reference, more real-world usage. For technical stuff I'd look at "Eric Meyer on CSS". Pretty much all the books on this site are good: http://9rules.com/store/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154957 Report
I might check it out... since I don't know anything or almost, it could be usefull. thx
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum