TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Totally lost...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153691 Report
Ok, i created and sliced a layout the other day, but now i'm totally confused on what to do. i don't even think i sliced the layout right, heres a link to it: http://hostultra.com/~cerbco/main2.php

What i don't get is how to get the text to show up inside the content box, that's why i don't think i sliced the entire layout right. Any assistance at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153694 Report
Your content box is an image. You can't write text over an image. Make the content box a table or something, with maybe a background image. Then you can have text displayed there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153695 Report
[QUOTE=Galaphile]Your content box is an image. You can't write text over an image. Make the content box a table or something, with maybe a background image. Then you can have text displayed there.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks man. Even when i was slicing it, i was thinking i wasnt doing it right.

Edit: Ok, i tried what you said, but i still can't get it work. if anyone could post a link to a tutorial or something to help me through this. i would ask if someone could slice it for me, but i really want to be able to do this myself. Also, i want to be able to use php within it, if that makes any difference. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153706 Report
What software are you using for slicing?.. Cause your page is all messed up.

There's no actual tutorial to show you how. Just leave the area where your content would be blank. If it helps in any way, check out my site : www.phex.net. Somewhat similar to what you intend to do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153707 Report
Ack, yea, i was messing around with it and that happened, forgot to change it back. It's back to normal now. But i'm using photoshop 6.0 to slice it. So where i want the text to go, do I just not slice it at all there or something? Thanks again for all the help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153709 Report
Here's something for you to start with : http://sidez.net/sting.html

What I did was instead of putting the content image in the table, I fixed the cell size to the image's dimensions and set it as the background for that cell.

Btw, try manual slicing. I hate how imagaready slices stuff and puts spacers everywhere. Too messy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153711 Report
Hmm, when i click on your link, im just getting a bunch of broken links with the your content goes here. Dunno why, each individual image works on its own. Again man, i really apprecaite you helping me out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 18th 2004#153715 Report
I didn't change any of the links, cept for the content. Anyways, that actually helps you see how horrible Imageready does tables.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153777 Report
Ok, i feel so stupid asking yet again. I just really dont get what to do. I'm going to completely reslice the whole layout. Now when I do this, I slice the box where i want the content to go? Or do I just completely ignore that? Thanks again sidez for helpin me out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2004#153818 Report
You have to actually know HTML before coding a website. Photoshop will slice it for you (and the code will be worse than terrible), but you still have to be able to navigate the code so you can change it and add text and get it to do what you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum