TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

2 x Css

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12980 Report
Paste it all into the CSS document, then link that to every page. Don't put the actual CSS in each page. That doesn't save you any trouble at all. The only real way CSS benefits you is if you link it to multiple pages.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12981 Report
That's what I wanted to know. Okay thanks a bunch yall are really handy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12982 Report
Yeah. I'll e-mail you my address so you can mail me the check.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12989 Report
Okay is it possible to put the scroll bar tag in with all the others in a css?? I can't seem to get it to work. Am I doing something wrong.
I use an extension from macromedia to change the scroll bar color and cut and paste in to the sheet.

I've never really played with css before so I have no clue.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12996 Report
I want to make one CSS document to refer all my pages to. I want it to include

• Link Text Properties
  • Body Text Properties
  • Input Text Properties
  • Page Background Color
  • Scroller Bar Color

Now how would I go about creating this sheet??

If you know of any good tutorials that start from the very beginning and don't just cover "Styles" that have to be put in each page (then again I could be confused) then that would be great. I would really like to learn CSS well but I have no clue where to start my journey.

Also I use Dreamweaver but I can code most html by hand in notepad too. So Please help. If you need anymore information then just give me a shout.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13020 Report
www.webmonkey.com

www.google.com search for css lessons.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13058 Report
That wasn't exactly what I'm looking for, with regard web monkey. It didn't cover most of what I was looking for though it was informative it wasn't exactly what I want. I'm looking for a tutorial or such to start from the beginning of creating an independent document. Most tutorials I have seen for the little bit that have searched were only about some of the possible uses of a CSS document. I really would like to be able to reference to all the possibilities in CSS including the possibilities possibilities. Confused yet?? I will continue to search for better tutorials but if anyone can give a hand don't be afraid to jump in and help.

...:: PANK ::... What did you use to create your CSS document??
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13061 Report
Here

This site seems to have a lot of resources for you to check out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13113 Report
Kay, since you are using Dreamweaver, just open a new document-->CSS Styles-->Edit Style-sheet.

It lets you choose what you want and how you want it. And I do believe that by default it links itself to every new page you create under a site.

That works under Dreamweaver Ultradev. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to see if works under regular dreamweaver.

I've got another good idea. I'll upload my stylesheet for the site I'm working on. I'll add all the options and then you can modify it as you learn it.

Here it is

Ignore the filename. It's for the Dickinson County web-site, that's why the name is what it is.

You'll probably have to Right-click the link and "Save Target As" because Dreamweaver will probably just try to open it if you click the link. That's what happened when I tested the link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13138 Report
Well thank you Mattboy I will see what I can do. The only thing is that I still haven't learnt(Sp?) how to actually do it myself. Like it's great that I can see your for refrences but I would really like to write my own for future websites.

Use said you use UltraDev now how is that any different from the original? Can it do more with CSS?? I've never really looked at it.

Now back to one of my former questions. Where can I learn CSS?? Online tutorials?? Is there a program that just does CSS?? Please help. Most sites don't start where I need them to, at the beginning.

Ya I know I'm a pain in the A$$ but I'm sorry.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum