TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

DHTML Help

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 12th 2001#12660 Report
Hey, a non-programmer friend of mine asked me if I could help him with a little client side scripting. He wanted me to make his rollovers 'fade' instead of simply jump between two images. I said "certainly" and went on my way. I've found tons of info on making one image change (but only one, and I couldnt find a way to add more), and making whole pages have transitions, but nothing on what he wanted. Just wondering if you guys could help me.

Thanking you in advance!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2001#12672 Report
Hmmm...name looks familiar. You THE jhaddon? pankpages, topaz etc, jhaddon? (Like theres that many jhaddons running around) :D

Anyway, maybe this could help with the fade.
http://teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2096

And welcome either way. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2001#12731 Report
Hehe, yup, `tis I. Finally got around to registering over here.

Hmm, I'll look into using that. I just realised I'm missing the 'rollover' image. EEK. Oh well. So, what you been up to man?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2001#12736 Report
Same ole same ole mostly. Working on my site, and choking my cable with mp3s and stuff. :D

I think I misread your post when I answered. What i linked just faded 1 image (adjusting the opacity with CSS). But I guess he's wanting to switch to an entirely differnt image, but fading between the 2?

I guess you could do it with an animated image as the mouseover image (like this: http://www.dosfx.com/oldsite/index.htm), or do it in Flash. I know that wasn't the best example, but it's using an animated gif as the rollover image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2001#12738 Report
He didnt want to use an animated gif, and using the link you gave me, I *may* be able to do it after all. I'll keep ya posted
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2001#12761 Report
Hrm, nope. Neither option will work :(

I've seen it down with onclick, or whatever it is, but when I wrote onmouseover it borked :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum