TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

I really am not sure where this should go...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 23rd 2004#146102 Report
I am trying to install movable type... right.... I have uploaded all the files and stuff.. and they are in the right places but when i get to the bit where you run the
mt-check.cgi file, even thought i have ploaded the HTML::Template file from the movable type website, MT doesnt seem to detect it.... do you have any ideas about why this could be? i would really like to know because otherwise i can't work movable type :(

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2004#146115 Report
mt-check isn't a requirement... just try installing it normally. make sure you uploaded the files in the right format (ascii/binary) and make sure your permissions are set correctly. those are the main things that mess people up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2004#146140 Report
Well.... the HTML::Template thing is a requirement right??

and can you please explain binary and ASCii i just uploaded them into the FTP drag and drop thingy...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146165 Report
I've never done anything with HTML::Template the past 4 times I've installed MovableType. I think it's probably included.

Your FTP client should have a setting for transferring things in ASCII (letters, for html, php, text, etc) and Binary (Numbers, for images and executables). Most of the time it knows automatically which to use, but sometimes it gets it wrong, so I usually do it manually when I install MT. The directions tell you which files to upload in what way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146210 Report
hmm . ok.. i am pretty sure it is required because when i go to load MT then it shows this page :

http://www.pixelated-designs.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt-load.cgi

i don't really know what that means but im pretty sure its to do withme not having the template thing
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146213 Report
Well HTML::Template isn't a file or anything, so you can't upload it anyway. Did you double check your permissions and make sure you uploaded the files in the correct way, like I said? Every time I've had trouble it's due to one of those things.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146222 Report
I have done it all man., i just reloaded all of the files onto my server using Smart FTP... and it didnt work. i checked the permissions.... used Binary and ASCII... nothing is working.... it's prolly just some stupid mistake i made which would be really obvious to anyone else :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146267 Report
http://www.pixelated-designs.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt-check.cgi

Contact your host, and ask them to install the perl module HTML::Template

OR

You can install it on your own - http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mtinstall.html#if%20you%20need%20to%20install%20html::template
- Click on "If you need to install HTML::Template "

Follow the instructions and upload the files to the specified folder. Should solve the issues
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2004#146351 Report
Thanks.... The template is now installed but now, when i got to run the file....

mt-load.cgi i get some weird error message and it is very confusing....

http://www.pixelated-designs.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt-load.cgi

Do you know what this means?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2004#146382 Report
Where did you install MovableType @?.. I can only find your CGI files, /lib/MT/ seems to be missing. All the files included in the compressed tar needs to be in the same directory.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum