TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

css issue

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 21st 2004#145941 Report
the basic problem is, that what the browser displays isn't exactly what it should be displaying.

i have an image. its dimensions are 730x321.
the css goes like this . . .
[code]#header
{ width: 730px;
height: 321px;
padding: 0px;
background-color: #000000; }[/code]

and the html, is as basic as it's able to be . . .
[code]***** id="header">

[/code]

now, with the image dimensions being 730.321, i expected the div to be the same dimentions, since they're set to the same, but if you view the page, here, you can see a 2px line underneath the image, being the bgcolour of the div.

what's up with this padding/spacing? how can i get the div to be the right dimentions without having to compensate for this 2px overflow?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2004#145949 Report
I don't see the underline in Safari, (I'm guess it's just IE that is the problem) but I would personally make that image the background of that div, rather than just inserting it in there. That way you further "separate content from presentation" which is the point of CSS anyway. Then if you view the page without css you don't even know that image is there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 22nd 2004#145957 Report
actually, the image was just a visual aid, to an underlying question. i was wondering what was behind the problem @ whole, not just this situation. it seemed to do that to all my divs.

and yes, it's IE only . . . @ which point i remembered it's because of where the text is placed in the file.
by spanning the div over three lines like that, instead of just one, IE for some incredibly stupid reason, added that extra little bit. it does the same thing when i want images right next to each other, say in a menu: if they're not all as one amssive string of code, it adds extra padding.

.... way to go bill +)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum