TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need urgent PHP help...

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143843 Report
Hey, folk's. I need help with a PHP thingy...

done a site for a friend, included that shoutbox from Paavo's resource page on a server that supports PHP. I did a page called guest.htm, did an iframe on that page and that iframe's srcfile was shout.htm in wich I put your code. I created a folder called shout and in that a txt file called shouts.txt...When trying out the site I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /rt115/$PHP_SELF was not found on this server.

I did move that 10'th line up and added a > as Paavo instructs downloaders to, but I can't get it to work...Can anybody please help...I've mailed Paavo aswell, but as you might know, he's gone...

<--EDIT Oh, and I might add that the guest.htm and shout.htm are placed in the rootfolder. Should the file with the PHP code in it be placed in the shoutfolder?...
I'am a total basketcase now...Don't know PHP from my butt, you see, so any help would be greatly appriciated /EDIT-->

<--EDIT 2 This comment on Paavo's site:
...create the flat file ("shout/shouts.txt") and CHMOD it and it's folder to 777.
What does that mean...? "CHMOD it and it's folder to 777"...That could eventually be something, if I only could understand it ;) /EDIT 2--->

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143847 Report
Any page with php code in it, has to have the .php extension, unless you put some hack in your .htacces file, then you can parse php code in any file you mention in that hack.

Chmod you can do with your ftp client, should see something if you right click the folder and file to chmod it. 777 is dangerous (full write and execute permissions to everyone.) so be careful what you do that to, esp directories.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143853 Report
Gee, Marble...You're Da Man ;)...Got it to work, and without that chmod-thing. There was some wrong in Paav's coding (Do I dare say that ?), that also made it work...eh, not so good, but with some "womanly" intuition and your help I made it...
*Offers Marble the greatest of all beers, and since he can't reach it, I save it for when we meet*

You made my saturday, Marb...Thank you !!!!!!

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143856 Report
No problem *Reaches thru the monitor and -=gulp=- drinks the beer....* There is always more beer for when we hang out!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143861 Report
Would you mind checkin your PM's...I've send you one, requesting more help, hehe...More beer where that came from you know...

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2004#143865 Report
Check your pm's.... =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 29th 2004#143906 Report
Hehe, I was too tired last nite...Sorry to trouble you with those brainblowing questions, Marb. I figured it out after a good nights sleep...I'm so into css, that I forgot how to put it up on one page with the style tag ;) ;)....Once I got verything into the style tag as I wanted it was a go...

Thank you for your help and tips tho...You made me think.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum