TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

OSCommerce Help

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143314 Report
Could somebody please explain to me how to install it, I don't even know where to start. Also I have the site made, can I just add the oscommerce stuff to it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143320 Report
Read the documentation on www.oscdox.com for installation tips. Basically you just upload the files and make a database, then run the installation script.

Customizing it is an incredible pain in the ass. You will have to sort through dozens of pages, filter out all the PHP code, move stuff around, delete those stupid little icons, etc. It's an absolute nightmare to customize. The MS2-Max release is about 10% better, which you can download at www.oscdox.com. It has a lot of the contributions installed already, and a pseudo template system. www.eshox.com is based on OSC, but is commercial and costs $300, but it's well worth it. It's much more professional, easier to use and install, and has a pretty decent template system. (You only edit two files to change your site, not 30 something)

Anyway... good luck... :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum