TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Can some PHP programer help me out???

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143022 Report
Please look at this page for a client of mine:
http://www.goldencave.se/hayri/test/index.php

Every thing works so well but when you press the button "ok" the chat opens in the same window. How can i make it Open in another window?
The new window must be a specific size and not resizeble!

How can I make this , man PHP scripting is hard, please help me out on this, have been sick for a week now and the deadline is in 4 days from now.

Appreciate all the help I can get.
(Sorry for the bad english)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143036 Report
This isn't php scripting, this is javascript... You need s client-side language to pop-up windows... search google for "Javscript window pop-up" i'm sure you'll find something...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143043 Report
Yes I have the script (that makes a popup window in a specific size), have it on my webpage btw.

But I can´t get it run in the index.php. I have tried so much, it still opens in the same window.

Placed all the codes right and all but still...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143060 Report
Btw, your HTML code is all messed up you have a new set of <html> tag starting in the
table data tag.

Change your form tag

[html]
[/html]

to

[html][/html]
Reply with Quote Reply

[/html]

I have tried:
[html]

[/html]

but it dosn´t work.

Hope someone understood this..hehe
Feb 21st 2004#143066 Report
Thx for the _blank, it did work, but I wan´t it to open in a specific sized window, with no toolbars.

The popup code: [html]

[/html]

heres the code that makes the popup. [html]

Link Text [/html]

heres the Ok button code:
[html]

Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143122 Report
I don't think you can put hyperlinks to submit buttons(that's the first i saw) .. How bout putting an iframe in that box section. After posting the info to the next page, it'll pop up a window to set.php since the session has already been set, it'll show the chatroom.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143173 Report
What if you have the java functions set as onClick or onMouseUp on the submit button? Can't remember whether or not the input tag supported onMouse actions however. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143176 Report
The input tag does support event tags, but how does the form values gets posted to a javascript popup window?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143180 Report
Good point. :p

I don't know, I'm just pulling this out of the air but what if you fed the form values to a script that'll set a cookie with the information, and the pop-up window uses that cookie to grab the values. So roughly something like:

- User clicks Submit
    .a Form values sent to a script; writes to cookie
    .b Window with designated size pops-up
- The source file for the window would pull data from cookie, and then runs the script normally.

I guess the deciding factor of how plausible that might be is the order in which everything is processed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143194 Report
Form values are variables, so if hte javascript function can take values, make them variables instead.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum