TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

coding a shoutbox, guestbook...

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141509 Report
...Heheheyyy, Just because the workforums gone, I found that i wanted to try it out...But, alas...

1. Now, I have this friend, that Round table friend I've been talking about, who would like to have a guestbook, or a shoutbox on his site. If I get that freeserver I want for him, there's gonna be PHP on it. My question is this...

Would anybody find it in their heart to do me....Hehe...such a thing ? pref' for free if possible...

I'm talking guestbook now, btw. A shoutbox I'm already in possesion of, if I can use it ? PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVO, what d'ya say, can I, can I, can I ?

2. Passwordprotected subsite. How do I accomplish that ? Can that be done with PHP ie ? And if so, anybody...?

If these things are to big and not possible to obtain for free, how much would a friendly soul charge ?

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141514 Report
Please dont post in Misc just to get answered faster. This clearly does not belong in misc at all. If you want help personally, use the PM system...that's what it's there for. Thanks..
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141515 Report
Well, I didn't post there to get a faster answer. I posted in misc 'coz the work section is gone, and that is the section where "anything goes..." so I figured that it would be ok...sorry if I made an error ;)

If you want help personally, use the PM system

I would use the PM system if I had a particular person in mind, but this is a question for whom ever would be interested in helping a guy out...So it feels rather an impossible task to PM everybody here, lol...

But I can see now that it should have been posted here to begin with, so please accept my most humble appologeezz...

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141529 Report
There are hundreds of free guestbook systems out there already. Try some searching in the PHP section of www.hotscripts.com

To password protect a directory you just need to modify the .htaccess file. Lots of info here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=.htaccess+password&btnG=Google+Search
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141531 Report
Thanks, Deke...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 9th 2004#141591 Report
It's cool...its just you did call out Paavo's name like you wanted him...so thats why i said PM. no biggy
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum