TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A search engine without using PHP or CGI?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139904 Report
Hey,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with adding a search engine to my web site. It's static and I can't add PHP or CGI because my host doesn't support it.
I did find a program that used JavaScript but my hard drives got wiped and lost the program - and I can't remember what it's called.

I've tried google searches but keep getting CGI and PHP scripts, also tried looking on SoftPedia.com where I swear I got it from last time but can't find anything to do with building search engines on there now!

I have the demo version of Search Egine studio but that doesn't display the results how I'd like, plus it uses PHP....

Basically, I'm making a games site - and if someone searches for a title I want all the titles showing up, not every word on every page showing with relative matches in bold. Kinda like the one on GameSpot.com but that's too 'flash' for what I want - I just want something nice and simple.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. And if I can't get the results how I want them without PHP or CGI, I'd really appreciate other suggestions on how to add a search.

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 28th 2004#139922 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum