TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

coding/slices help

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137310 Report
Ok for one on my new layout on the right, theres a white bar where there shouldnt be. And 2nd, how do i make it work with different resolutions?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ruffy/sirclan.html

thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137879 Report
First let me say that you are on the right track. I see that you used Photoshop/ImageReady to slice up a design, so you are using tables rather than CSS.

Step 1) Create a new page. Insert a table into that new page. Set the width of the new table to 100%. Create 3 columns within that table.

Step 2) Insert your ImageReady-created table into the center column. You should now have white space on the left AND the right sides...this is good.

Step 3) Now comes the grunt work. Go back into Photoshop and take a close look at the left and right edges of your design. Select a 5-pixel wide sliver (this may have to be adjusted later) of each slice and copy that to a new document. Save each new sliver to it's own individual .jpg (.gif would probably work also looking at your design, whatever, it's your choice).

Step 4) In the new page that you created with your design in the middle, create rows on the left and right sides to match up with your slices, and set your cooresponding 'slivers' as background images within those new rows.

Step 5) Fix any problems with my instructions. They are a little vague, but I figure since you got this far you can probably Sherlock your way through my discombobulated steps above.

This may or may not be the "right" way to everyone, but it will work. This is only 1 of many ways to get it done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum