TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Want to learn to set up a store online

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136777 Report
How do I do all the shopping cart and store stuff? I really want to learn this so I can get involved with creating online stores for clients... PLEASE HELP!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136779 Report
There are lots of free ones out there, which require a bit of practice to set up - but not difficult by any means. You can create your own, but why? www.oscommerce.com is one that I know of.

If you wanted to create your own, pick a language and db to work with and start learning :p .... be a good idea to buy a book for that if you wanted. Make sure it is current, as most books on the shelf are slightly dated.

But I would try out oscommerce.com and mess with it a bit. It's in php and free. Might need to set up a local server to test it out and learn how to set it up properly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 8th 2004#136783 Report
Yeah there are a ton of free shopping cart scripts and services out there. Check out www.hotscripts.com and look in the e-commerce section of the various languages.

I've used oscommerce quite a bit, and there is a better version at www.oscdox.com with a lot of extra features. www.eshox.com is an even nicer version that is much easier to user and setup.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136931 Report
Mayeb you should take a look at this

its got a lot about setting up stores online ;)

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/e-business/building/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 9th 2004#136964 Report
Be careful of tutorials that are older than about 6 months. They are still good places to learn from, but with handling sensitive data, the code is way out dated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum