TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

simple html question

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133038 Report
http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/cuba2

I want to make this site stretch all the way to the bottom when it has no content, and (of course) expand when there is more content. Can I do that? Whenever I make something height="100%" it screws something up. It's three separate tables with one big table around it (not necessary I know - it might help though?)

Basically, its just:

[PHP]

header

content

footer
[/PHP]

Also, what do you think of the design/layout? It's a relatively simple site so I think I'm going to use php includes for the header and footer (got that worked out) and php case-switches (?) for the links. I might need some help on that before long. Thanks.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133043 Report
No there isn't really a way to do that unless you just applied a static height to the page, but then it wouldn't stretch when you had more content. And I don't think that would work with tables anyway. The only other way to do it would be to add a bunch of < br /> tags.

Or there is probably some javascript hack that will do it. but that would be bad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133046 Report
Right now its just a static height for the content, which stretches with more content. It doesn't really matter, but it would look a little better if the footer was at the bottom of the page most of the time in most browsers.

How does < br /> differ from < br >?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133053 Report
< br /> is the correct way to do it. In xHTML you have to close every tag, even tags without a closing tag. so you do that space backslash. < hr /> < img /> etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133055 Report
You could use the height tag and it'd look great in IE! (just to get Deker riled up =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2003#133067 Report
Originally posted by Marble
You could use the height tag and it'd look great in IE! (just to get Deker riled up =)

Like I said - I tried that and it didn't work. What all do I use the height tag on?

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133095 Report
< td height="100%" > & n b s p ; < / td >

put this in there above the footer. It is nothing but a blank cell that pushes the height to fit the screen if there is not enough content. But make sure the outer surrounding table has a height set to 100% as well.

But IE seems to be the only browser that really supports this feature. Which is too bad imo. It is real handy and I would call it hardly a "hack".
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum