TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Fonts

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 10th 2003#132604 Report
I say this:

If I put a font that the viewer does not have, they will not see that font.

My brother says:

The exact opposite.

Who is right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2003#132606 Report
if viewer you mean the person who is looking at your website from a browser, for instance, then it depends on what you are showing them. You can embed fonts into web pages, but I wouldn't, and with flash you can embed fonts no problem at all. But if a person does not have a font you have on your computer, how are they going to use it? It doesn't magically appear on their hd.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 10th 2003#132609 Report
No they won't see the font. <-- short answer.

Stick to very generic fonts for web sites like Times Roman, arial, helvetica, etc. If you need to use a certain font for a logo or header or something you have to make it an image.

Font embedding only works in IE and is a pain in the ass and doesn't work very well. So just stick to the basics.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133109 Report
Always design with the usual font in mind...

Arial Timen new roman Helvetica
The best onw to use are Verdana and Georgia (unlike the other ones they where desgned to be used on screen... not paper...

If you need to use another font hten use an image (.gif) only for title...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133127 Report
Not being funny Sharif (trust me, I really am not), think about the logic of your question! Even though you couch it in a different way, it really is the same dumb old questions you normally ask with a slightly different slant.

If a user does not have a font installed on his computer how do you expect them to view it?

You really didn't need to ask this in the forum, 2 minutes of solid thinking would have provided the answer!

There is font embedding but to my knowledge it is only possible on IE and associated. However I suspect this was the furthest thing from your mind.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133134 Report
Originally posted by thehermit
Not being funny Sharif (trust me, I really am not), think about the logic of your question! Even though you couch it in a different way, it really is the same dumb old questions you normally ask with a slightly different slant.

If a user does not have a font installed on his computer how do you expect them to view it?

You really didn't need to ask this in the forum, 2 minutes of solid thinking would have provided the answer!

There is font embedding but to my knowledge it is only possible on IE and associated. However I suspect this was the furthest thing from your mind.

If his brother is arguing about it, he obviously needs a way to prove it. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133137 Report
Why do I feel like mr. spock all the time (or is that dr.spock;))
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 13th 2003#133162 Report
Originally posted by thehermit

Works with flash among other things, even though not with "device font"...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum