TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

website stuff!

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 10th 2003#124379 Report
Hey! I don't know if I'm in the right section or what, but I'd really like to start making website (starting by my own) but I don't know all the coding stuff and I need to learn all this...

Like if I wanted to make one of these centered website, what would be the best way to make it? html or other things?

I really want to learn :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2003#124386 Report
I suggest you learn XHTML which is the standard that has replaced HTML. You can learn it by searching for XHTML on google or another search engine. It's fairly straight-forward and you should have no problem learning it. You just need time to experiment. Have fun!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 11th 2003#124397 Report
well if you want since you starting from scratch why not flash?? depends on your needs. Your best et is to learn CSS that will help you make great sites that are up to standars.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124577 Report
does XHTML is similar to the normal html?

and yeah I've alot of people saying I should learn CSS, but does it do excatly in a website?

If you could tell me more about it.

As for Flash, well I've think about it but I prefer the normal website with a little of flash but not the whole thing... sites only made in flash dont attrack me much
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124589 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 12th 2003#124603 Report
http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_reference.asp
Gives you some good places to start. If you search each html tag, it will tell you which tags and attributes are "depracated" for XHTML.

Essentially - XHTML is HTML with lots of CSS to control how the html behaves. There is a strictor document model type as well. In my opinion, the slice and save for web from PS is not a good way to go about making XHTML compliant pages. You have to plan them out logically.

You can use Strict, Frames, or Transitional (ie - loose).

Any tag that doesnt have a closing tag must be closed like this:

[code]< br / >[/code] -but without the spaces around the < and > tags. but keep a space between the tag and the /

For example.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum