TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

poll, mySQL help

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122325 Report
I've come to making a vote thinngy on my site but I have no idea how, I mean I know a lot about cgi/perl and I have experience I know how to make one with that but then the prob comes when I include or execute the cgi file on my page because my page has a .php extension instead of shtml due to some script I'm running, so I went and searched for some php script for poll/voting, almost everyone of them requires me to setup a DB with my user name/password and stuff? It's jsut confusing to be because I'm a total php noob and I'm not sure how to make command, and setup My SQL databases, errrr...... I need some serious help? Maybe from php master paavo? :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122405 Report
Originally posted by X-fusion
Maybe from php master paavo? :D

Sorry man, I'm no master....especially when it comes to DB connectivity. I haven't learned that yet.

But a poll doesn't need a DB really.
Try making one with a flat file counting the votes?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122425 Report
Im learning php right now and I havent made a poll yet but I know that its very possible. You can make one with just a text file to store the data. Search google for something like

php code voting poll "text file"

And if you need help, sign up for phpfreaks.net and go to the live web chat. There's someone in there 24/7 to help people. They arent as receptive to noobs as we are here but just be formal and they wont get too mad. They definately know a lot about php though.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122427 Report
Thanks for the help, yeah the flat file is a great idea, hmm.. I might think about it, I'll just keep searching for it, I think I'll get it eventually. Thanks a lot though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122429 Report
http://www.quake-au.net/php/

Looks really good. I might use it, in fact, although I have little use for a poll...hmmm.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122439 Report
I just want to set a poll asking people if they are tired of my layout on my site or not because I wanted to change it on several occasions but then I can't make up my mind because they layout has only been up for a month..

also thanks for the link although I don't think I'm going to use it, I need something I can put right on my page and easy to stylize and customize.... Thanks anyways.. I usually check hotscripts.com for those stuff... Also try php resources
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum