TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

what interface is best?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10129 Report
well i dont have any art to show right now, because its all on my other faster computer... but what interace do you guys think is most attractive and easiest for the user:

A) overused
logo - top left
navbar - left side
info - right middle

B) new window
crazy stuff all over the place

C) middle aligned
logo - top middle
navbar - directly underneath the logo
info - underneath the navbar

D) other

please help guys, im goin crazy trying to find a nice layout for a skateboard company's website im doing right now

it doesnt have a lot of sections but plenty of info for each

thanks in advance!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10131 Report
I don't know... Everything seems cool, I guess it just depends on your personal preferrence. I know, once you get on your faster computer why don't you make some examples of what you mean and then we can tell you what we think. I think that will be alot easier to choose.

Just a suggestion

Oh yeah Your Sig is AWESOME!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10135 Report
hey thanks a lot man!

yeah ill get on my faster comp tomorrow morning and just throw on some basic examples. sorry for not putting everything up, just curious to see what the preliminary feeling was
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10155 Report
you can't really say which one is best.
A for example is the best interface regarding usability.
B is what some people love, and most people hate.

Personally i think C is best, but that's just my opinion. The usability is good and it's more original then A.

If you make this page for a company... why don't you ask what they like?!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10198 Report
Feel free to post another thread in the showroom when you actually have something to show.

As far as your question goes, either A or C is the correct answer. Or a combination thereof. I don't think either is "over used". It is the norm, yes, but that isn't a bad thing. It just means people will be able to easily navigate the site without having to think. Which is very good.

Pop-ups are disorienting, annoying, and not compatible with all computers. They generally break all navigation conventions that the user is accustomed to, like the back button, the address bar, and even the file menu sometimes. That leaves the user with no way to navigate the site like they are used to. Especially don't use it for an e-commerce or business site. Very bad form as far as I'm concerned.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10227 Report
I prefer A or C although I like C better. Whatever you do, don't do B - any kind of pop-up stinks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10280 Report
A

A

either that or

A
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10298 Report
>>. C .<<
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum