TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

problem with layers.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 4th 2003#116428 Report
Everytime i draw a layer it always shows up in a different place in the browser.. anyone ran into this problem before. I really dont wanna use layers but i was experimenting and ran into this problem. thanxs in advance.

Raul
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2003#116430 Report
yo, I used layer before, it is better to stick it in a table and set the width of the layer as same as the table and set a certain height and set the scrollbar to auto

Hope it helped
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2003#116432 Report
If you are just clicking and dragging in dreamweaver to make a layer, it is absolute positioned and will be placed wherever you put it. That would be why it shows up in different places, if that's what you're talking about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2003#116621 Report
well sort of, say i have a layout in dreamweaver and i draw a layer right on top of some text, and hide the layer. i set a behaivior so when the mouse goes over a image or text the layer will show with a description. The layer behaivior works great but shows the layer in a very different place once i upload it into the webserver...anyone please this is driving me nuts...i have tried looking in my books but they do not reffer to my problem????

x how do you stick a layer on a table??
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116755 Report
You can stick a layer inside a table's td tags and remove the position:absolute and the coordinates. It really has been a long time since I worked with layers but just play around with the attributes in the source code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2003#116758 Report
i see i think that will do it ill try it out when i get home later, thanxs all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117552 Report

or you can put the style in the head of in an external stylesheet...
haven't done that in awhile so you might have to ID/class the ... it should though...

i'm hand-coder so, i'm not familiar with the scripting that dreamweaver would use so i left it out...

ofcourse... the alt="" would work better for the rather than a dynamic html mouseover function...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117559 Report
Withoutreason, putting the layer's attributes in an external stylesheet would not solve dreamdesign's problem. It's the same as embedding the attributes in the actual layer. As for your comment on ALT tags, can you please clarify?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117595 Report
i been reading up on css possitioning and itt seems like that would be the best way to positio the layers, does anyone have an example easy for me to understand how the structure flows...thanxs in advance raul
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117597 Report
Absolute= from top left, so 0 0 would be in the corner, top left.

Relative= same direction, but relative to what is around it.

Z-index is position in 3d. The bigger the number = the page you will see (if its on top of another layer.)

Positioning is still kind of different from browser to browser. You might want to look up the specs on different browsers on their sites and see how they handle CSS positioning.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum