TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

hide scroll bar script??

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 23rd 2001#9581 Report
I'm looking to hide the horizontal scroll bar, so my navigation picture at the top of my site won't have to stop dead for users with higher resolution monitors. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9615 Report
anybody??? :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9637 Report
Well if it's in a frame, just add this: noscroll :to your frame properties.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9648 Report
nope, it's not in a frame. It's like this: I have a picture for my navigation that I will image-map for the navigation. It's like 1004px wide, for 1024x768 users. But when 800x600 users come along to my site, they will have a big wide image at the top to deal with. I've seen some sites like this, before, can't think of any off the top of my head, but I know they're out there. There has to be a way! arughhhhh! I hope so
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9686 Report
Does the interface cover the entire screen?

If you can afford to give up 200 pixels, then I would put it in (a) table(s). Then instead of setting the tables at so many pixels, set them at percentages, so that they total up to 100%.

Example:

The part that you cannot sacrifice to size, the part that HAS to be so many pixels wide, set those tables at pixels, but compromise the far right of the interface and make those tables percentages so that they "squish" down to size.

I know this looks like a bunch of crap written down, but if I could actually "tell" you in person, you'd understand.

If you need more clarification, let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9706 Report
Here's what it's going to look like. Click here
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 24th 2001#9709 Report
Make a 2 row 2 column table.

In column 1 row 1 put your interface but cut it off at about 600-700 pixels. Set the width of the column to the width of the interface.
In column 2 row 1 set the width to * . Set the the background to your blue tile background. You'll have to adjust the tile so it matches the edge of your interface.

In column 1 row 2 put your site content.

In column 2 row 2 set width and height to * and put nothing.

That could work. I think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10162 Report
several solutions.. depending on what your willing to do to get it just right.

you could try using a seamless background.. u dont need an image that is exactly the size of the resolution that u want to fit. u set a 100% table on top of the page and set a seamless background for that table. u gotta edit your image to get it just right. i think photoshop has a filter for creating a seamless background from your image.

if you still insist on using that image. you could use css formatting for the body tag to set body background for the page using a 1024 long image. why css? cause if u use regular html formatting.. your background image would tile all the way down the page. and with css u can set the distance the image starts from top/left.. which is 0,0. as a background.. the page will not scroll horizontally.

eg.
style type="text/css"
!--
body { background-color: color; background-image: url(background.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 0px 0px}
--
/style

also it would be a good idea to set 0 pixels for left,top,right and bottom margins in the body tag.

u need 2 images for this solution. use a javascript to do a resolution detect and use document.write to load the appropriate file depending on the resolution. (kinda complicated)

hope this helps. leave a msg for me here if u need more details.

a working example (though a not exactly a nav bar) is @ http://wastedtalent.idleplay.net chk out the css in the head of the document and u'll understand the concept. my background tiles along the x axis(horizontal) only.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10167 Report
in reference to my last reply to yer question (the css solution), hope this helps.

http://wastedtalent.idleplay.net/help/index.html

regards
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2001#10263 Report
wow thanks, thats exactly what i wanted. now the bad news: i scrapped that idea, because when i layed it out -- it sucked. The new one is just a simple table with with a nav at top and two columns under that. I probably should've posted this before you, i could have saved your fingers from typing that much. oh well. thanks anyways :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum