TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

"Extendable" headers

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113824 Report
Hmm..I read the FAQ and all and can't seem to find anything quite like this...I'm going to be redesigning a site, and I want it left aligned, but the content/header will be about 750 px wide. I want a portion of the header to be able to "extend" to fit a browser that someone is running at a higher resolution.

an example is http://www.pixelsoul.nl/ on his page, the header will extend to fit a browser when you resize, without using any scroll bars on the bottom. I pretty much want the same thing except it'll be left-aligned instead of centered.

this is probably a dumb question, but thanks anyway if you respond.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113832 Report
There are lots of ways to do it depending on the site. But basically you just need to make a table or div set at 100% width. And make a title background pattern that you can put at the top to make it look like it stretches no matter the browser size.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113833 Report
You can fix your table the left margin. no problem. Make the table 100% wide, but give the cells specific dimensions. Then on the most right column, make the width 100% and only that column will stretch.

So:

x x x x a
x x x x b
x x x x c

Make all the x's exactly the width and height you want, then make a, b, c the height you want, but give them 100% width. Making the percentage sizes will stretch to browser dimension. If you want the bottom to do the same, then make a bottom row 100% height.

x x x x
x x x x
x x x x
a a a a

so make the a row 100% height.

That should do the trick.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum