TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Setting the size of the entire webpage

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110907 Report
hey

i am working on a website for my dad for this thing he's doing in college called IMET.. it's basically for teachers that want to get a masters degree in technology..

anyway, check the page out first

http://www.richie086.com/imet/index.html

now how would i go about making it so the browser would open to just one size (say 900 px wide).. ??? or does anyone have any ideas on how to fill in the white space without making it look dumb?

i tryed making the graphic a little bigger but every time it looks too streched out.. the fonts dont come out right, there all grainy.. but if i cant figure out how to do it, i might have to just deal with grainy fonts..

thanks for reading this i hope u can help!

richie
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110908 Report
Set the background color the same as the navigation. I would make the navigation align right so the image isnt cut off.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110912 Report
The other option would be to use tables and basically you would just center the page. Then no matter what resolution the client was using it would be centered.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2003#114355 Report
Assuming I read this correctly, you do not like the text in the bottom frame stretching across the page.

I would put all the content of the bottom frame in a table set at the width you require ie 900 pixels

OR

search a javascript web site for a window resize script which you can place in your code ie
http://www.maxxblade.co.uk/resize/

where you change the:
var targetheight=400;
var targetwidth=800;

Mark
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum