TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Text Area

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106849 Report
I already know the text area code for a website but when you use that code, you cannot put images or any other HTML in their or else it will just show up as plain text. So basicly, what I'm looking for is a code that gets a text area box like that but where you can put other HTML in their without it showing up. I'm not talking about an IFrame either because thats not what I want.
An example of the kind of thing i'm looking for is http://www.aovs02.dsl.pipex.com/index2.htm

Thx for any help!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106851 Report
Something inside a textarea WILL be only text. You can't put HTML tags there that would actually be parsed as code.

And besides, isn't your example site using a iframe?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106861 Report
You can use CSS to put a background image into a text area. Whether it's an input type=text or a textarea box.

Now if you are using a frame or iframe, then its just another page which you can include images as well.

but the CSS:

textarea {
background-image: url();
}

but... if you mean to have html activated shout boxes, for instance, then you would have to ask someone else.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106881 Report
Alright, thx for the help. I guess maybe the other one is an Iframe...I didn't check the source code.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 8th 2003#107357 Report
yer an iframe is best way to go.

loads of options.. i used to use them on one of my sites.

plus splits the code up for main page so easy to edit content
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum