TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hi i need your knowledge.``

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 31st 2003#105855 Report
I agree wiv deker, use flash.

Flash is THE best thing that happend to the net.
All you do....(lol all)...
Open flash (new clean un-shameful newness) and make your "ON" "OFF" instances as buttons. now place one of each in sepparate layers. so on layer1 u have "on" and on layer2 u have "off".

Expand(click n insert frame) layers to 3. make a new layer. on this make an instace and click and drag it from library into that layer. YES IT'S BLANK.

now click "import" from th file menu and import ur sound (must b .wav for it to loop wivout kicks). click on th blank instance. go th th sound tab. now on th drop down menu select ur sound and have it loop 1000 times (hehe get bored... ahem*).

Now you should have 3 layers, one of which has the sound in, what you need to do is delete 1 frames from th end of the sound one, so the sound only plays for 2frames. (i know ur sound wont finish in this time).

Then make the "on" button span the frame 3 ONLY. Then make the "OFF" button span the frame 2 ONLY.

Ok so now the sound'l play but for 2/10's of a second lol NICE. just preview this so you can see the difference of adding Actionscripts later....

ok the actionscripts.

If you want your music to play at start up, then create a new layer and on the first frame double click and add;

GoToandPlay(2);
(u'l get a list on th left)

to it.

now on that new layer add

stop;

actionscripts (double click) to both frames 2 and 3.
(u may need to "create blank keyframe" on both 2&3 before you do)

now right click the "off" instance and select "actions" in this you need to scroll through the menu on the left for

StopAllSounds;

add it, then close that window.

now right click "on" and do the same, but this time we add;

GoToandPlay(2);

That's it. (lol it's LOADS but there we are lol) if you dont get this,

i really dont blame u cuz i tired lol but if u dont get it, just ask and i'l make you a mock one, from that you can see how the script works etc.. n then u can sort it

oh btw if u do get it, make the movie smaller, lol u dont want a 640*480 sized "MUSIC OFF" button lol

if dont know how... ask lol

Cheers ;) enjoy, and f***in' sleep well, i will :o
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2003#105864 Report
im new to flash and thats why i wanted to stay away from it (kind of scared of flash ) but hey i'll give it a shot thanks a lot i'll let know know how it went.

You really dont know how much goes into a simple on off buttom in a web untill you out there doing it yourself.....

I love it...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2003#105912 Report
Originally posted by dreamdesign
can i use an Iframe to show a list of songs and then have the user click on them to hear, would a simple link to a file work?
that would be king of cool i think.
pavv you been very helpfull, and i do apriciate all your help.
Maybe one day i can help you out in some way.

Sure, I've made one for rcdracing.com
( http://www.rcdracing.com ) it's an iframe but it uses PHP to list all songs in a folder and when you click a name, it includes the embed line with the right filename.

The stereo has only one song, and that is of wrong format and won't play...but it works.

If you don't want to use PHP to include crap, I'm thinking it might be possible with some very small JavaScript, it wouldn't even need to reload in that case.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2003#106321 Report
thank you again, you always point me to the right place
you the best.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum