TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

HELP ME *rips hair out*

Page: 1 Reply
May 1st 2003#101766 Report
I'm going CRAZY trying to figure out how to do a subscript on something and use it as a name on a forum. It is possible to do - X² <--- see! - I JUST DONT KNOW HOW- please someone help me before I go insane!!! AHHHH I'm not sure if its some sort of code or what, but please help :(

but I dont want X² I want it to be C^5
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2003#101767 Report
your avatar is disturbing before I eat lol, and you though I was helping you with the code. lol
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2003#101768 Report
Look at the character map on your computer.

And take off your avatar, it's way too big.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2003#101769 Report
sorry for the big avatar... gone now

anyways...what are you talking about ... what character map? I seriously have tried everything - I typed it on word and tried to copy and paste - I tried HTML, I tried UBBC code... I don't know what else to do
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2003#101795 Report
There is a CSS property that may work, but I don't know what browsers it works in.

----------------------

5.4.4 __'vertical-align'

Value: baseline | sub | super | top | text-top | middle | bottom | text-bottom |
Initial: baseline
Applies to: inline elements
Inherited: no
Percentage values: refer to the 'line-height' of the element itself

The property affects the vertical positioning of the element. One set of keywords is relative to the parent element:
'baseline'
align the baseline of the element (or the bottom, if the element doesn't have a baseline) with the baseline of the parent
'middle'
align the vertical midpoint of the element (typically an image) with the baseline plus half the x-height of the parent
'sub'
subscript the element
'super'
superscript the element
'text-top'
align the top of the element with the top of the parent element's font
'text-bottom'
align the bottom of the element with the bottom of the parent element's font

Another set of properties are relative to the formatted line that the element is a part of:
'top'
align the top of the element with the tallest element on the line
'bottom'
align the bottom of the element with the lowest element on the line

Using the 'top' and 'bottom' alignment, unsolvable situations can occur where element dependencies form a loop.

Percentage values refer to the value of the 'line-height' property of the element itself. They raise the baseline of the element (or the bottom, if it has no baseline) the specified amount above the baseline of the parent. Negative values are possible. E.g., a value of '-100%' will lower the element so that the baseline of the element ends up where the baseline of the next line should have been. This allows precise control over the vertical position of elements (such as images that are used in place of letters) that don't have a baseline.

----------------------

So to use it you would do like this:

.superscript {
vertical-align: super;
}

x< span class="super">5< /span>

Without actually testing it, that's how I would do it anyway.

The character map is under Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.

It shows you how to type all the special characters.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2003#101800 Report
I don' t understand.. just do it with ascii in photoshop and make it an img
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2003#101857 Report
Zyc: Using a static image is a pain in the ass. Using CSS is a lot more versatile; color, size, font can be changed by switching some values around.

Plus the charachter map shows charachters that you can't type up using the ALT+NUMPAD method, like hebrew charachters and parts of accented letters and what not.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2003#101908 Report
Originally posted by CUptoW555
anyways...what are you talking about ... what character map?

Type "charmap" in the run, if you're using windows.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 4th 2003#102023 Report
*jaw drops to the floor* :eek: wow thanks :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum