TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

HTML: Scroll Boxes

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 24th 2003#96848 Report
How do I make a scroll box?
Like a box with text in it and it has a scroll bar... like what I am typing in now...
Could someone please tell me the html code (or javascript, etc...)
for it?

(I did look at the website that was "stuck" on top of this forum but couldn't find anything and if this was previously posted, sorry in advance)
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2003#96851 Report
Go check out IFrames (aka Inline Frames). Basically a frame you stick in a table, for example.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2003#96857 Report
what do you mean?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96878 Report
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/inlineframes.html

This is a tutorial on making I frames that you can add content to. Such as the news box.

Now what you were typing into is a text box on a form element - which is different, but they look the same. one inputs the other outputs.

You can also use layers and javascript to get a scrolling text box working. That ? has been asked many times on this forum - so rather than another lengthy explanation search for scrolling text box and something should appear.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96883 Report
The box you're typing in at the moment is a textarea form, part of a larger <form> tag. Look up forms at http://www.htmlgoodies.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96889 Report
I mean it looks like what I'm typing in, I don't actually want someone else to type in it.

Ok, what I'm trying to do is to just write stuff... just text in a scroll box. So when ppl come to my website they wont have to scroll the entire page down, just the little text box I have.

I tried that tutorial and it told me how to do the scroll box but a website has to be entered into it and this is as far as I could go... look HERE

Any suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96899 Report
Well you need to make sure the web site that is going into the iframe fits the iframe. So if you have a 223 pixel wide frame, then make the website content fit into > 223 pixels (that is a less than in case I got it the wrong way =)
You can also use style sheets to accent the borders of the table tags. In IE you can make use of the scroll styles as well. Just work on the width and height of the frame to fit to your page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96905 Report
but what about the ads? Do I just have to deal with it? or what?

And how do I make the website content fit 223 pixels (or however many pixels it is)?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just frusterated
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96907 Report
If you dont like the ads I would suggest paying 6-10$ a month for some cheap hosting. The resource section should get you started for a few hosting companies you can check out.

If you have a table you can specify the width. So maybe the table could be 200 pixels wide. that way the content would fit width wise into the IFrame....

You dont have to make the page span the width of your monitor.

So for example:

< table width="200" >
< tr >
< td >Your content < / td >
< / tr >
< / table >

and the extra spaces are just so you can see the code on the forum.

**** edit:

Also you can use height and give it a pixel amount. so:
< table width="200" height="400" >
like this. Just mess with it a bit and you can get the iframe to fit your page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum