TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

put txt into HTML.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96981 Report
Template meaning a pre-coded block of HTML code where a php file reads from the txt file and inserts each block of text into the pre-coded HTML.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96983 Report
instead of just using a text file.. do it up like you would in a html file.. then save it as .php
then in the mail document ? include'txtlikefile.php' ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96985 Report
what is mail documnet do you have AIm i think this would work faster if we can do this on AIM.

Anyhow I am slowly getting this. The front page is index.html that is the page that has an I fram that i want to have the txt document in. Do i add the PHP code to Index.html and save index.html as a php file? or do i create a php file to go into the I FRAME and that php file will read from the txt file.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96986 Report
Here is just an example of a template page that handles php arguments? - dont know if that is the correct code term =\

< td > < h5 align="left" >< img src="../images/news/upDateArrow.gif" align="left" > { subject }< /h5 >< /td >

So where you see { subject } -note without the extra spaces. This is defined in a php file (in my case news.php).... This is getting beyond my scope of programming, so I dont want to say much more than this. Maybe download a php news box, and you can modify it to work for your needs. Or something might be available on a script site for what you need.

But you will need some where to save the text that is updated. ie. there is a faux database you can create in php - I think it is saved into a .dat file that saves all the text. But again I dont want to mislead you by talking too much out my arse =)

Maybe you should just download a news box script, modify the template page (which is what !m0o said -an html file) so that it will appear on your page the way you want. Because you want it passworded so only you and your buddy can make changes, etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2003#96987 Report
where can i get a news box script?

OK update: I got the PHP to work. my index.html has iframe that brings up news.php which calls the NEWS.TXT file.

now i need to figure out a way to add template to it.

www.tpscene.com

check it out its under tptalk.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum